Saturday, July 19, 2014

having plant food but not food made in a plant ☝️

just can't let the food industry win, y'know. it's ironic, how pharmaceutical companies keep trying to keep us sick and the global food companies put incomprehensible chemicals into food because it is viable for them yet overlooking, of course, the welfare of the consumers. i've grown very interested in this paradox and am trying to find ways and means to resist. i've been thinking of making a post as to why i turned vegan... actually it isn't that i turned vegan but more like
i'm trying to make a conscious effort to choose plant-based foods over processed foods. it's not hard for me and this shouldn't be for anyone at all, because it is all still equally delicious ❤️ while it does take a much longer time for meals to be made; think about this
why are we choosing to rush for time so much? meals are important: each day, we have three votes- breakfast, lunch and dinner to prove to ourselves and our bodies what our values are. 
honestly the past few years of my life i've been throwing in the towel. i overeat store-bought biscuits laden with milk solids, vegetable oil, wheat flour and burdened with mounds of sugar (sometimes there'll be nutella in the mix too) i'll feel terrible and sorry for myself and it'll just be this vicious cycle. i dont think anyone has seen me like this before even though i'd wish countlessly that one day my parents would walk in on me and ask me why and maybe have a decent conversation, but that never really happened.. i know i wouldn't have survived life in a singapore uni, because i know things would be the same; acting okay and at night, feeling as if the whole world is against me, and my reaction to it would probably be secretly bingeing and feeling disgusting and maybe to negate that input, i would run to make myself feel better. 
sydney was that push for me to discipline myself and make me independent. it let me know that i have choices and i should make good ones each day. there'd be no one to walk in on me and set me straight. i had to do it all myself and i could never be more grateful for this chance to prove to myself my worth. 
instagram has been my source of encouragement in leading a more plant-based lifestyle. i had actually created another account to follow vegan profiles but one day i realized that i should be proud and support my own choices and not care what others think. if you really need change in your life, you have to be the change. 
in retrospect, a crazy amount of willpower is needed for this but i think everyone has this and it is possible. sydney vegans on facebook have shared this article on why a woman stopped veganism but it was because of getting bored with food choices. imo i dont think anyone should do something that they dont enjoy aka everyone has a right to be happy w their choices no??








No comments:

Post a Comment