Sunday, June 16, 2013

BT

The biting chill of the air conditioning in the ferry on my tips of my toes
The mutual acknowledgement of the siblings and wordless conversations
The rustling of the Sunday Times amidst the occasional lurching of the ferry afloat
The squeal of the toddlers beside us
The television flashing images sans sound
I wonder how Bintan will be like. Is it a big commercialized patch of land or is there an essence of locality to it

How fast do friendships dissipate
Do I take small nuances or reactions too exaggeratedly
Are we always happy can't we be happy all the time
The white pristine soft sand on the beach the challenges of driving the buggy on rough terrain
The wide sprawling golf course
The exhilaration of the electric bicycles
The seventh foosball match
The amazing dinner and breakfast buffet spread
The unease of the table when we all use the phones
We never had a good conversation much less a good word bc nth rly ever comes out this frustration
The bulging tummy after meals

expectations vs reality


Bintan is stupidly astoundingly beautiful
Must I have ruined this with my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment