Monday, December 23, 2013

say smth, i'm giving up on you

when i see mango sticky rice in bangkok

here's my ultra qt pie auntie who loves to pose for peace-sign shots, she's so wonderful and i didn't give her enough recognition in my childhood

en route to suvarnabhumi airport via express train *snazzy*

this was supposed to happen on the first day!!!
mindblowingly good buys from bangkok!!! i would think the stuff there fall short on quality, but i stand corrected as even chatuchak had blogshop-worthy clothes and solid leather platforms/
but for the most time of this trip, i spent with family and soaking in the sights this city's got to offer. money does buy great experiences sometimes as of our hotel which was *heaven* and i watched frozen in 3-dimension with my dad n ricky, our fam yolo moment.
fun fact: we had to stand up before the movie commenced as the king's anthem was playing. everyone in the cinema has to!!!
mbk, platinum, terminal 21 had us as visitors, and i tried the massages at healthland-
(strongly do not recommend the thai massage it was two hours of immense pain to the muscles ha ha and it was ticklish too; i shocked the lady when i jerked my foot up as a reflex bc she touched my soles and my dad mum and aunt laughed) and in the aromatherapy one u had to be stark-naked save for the tiny disposable black underwear while the masseuse rubs you with oil and she rubs your butt cheeks too... no shame no shame.
amazing seafood on the last night and coconut ice cream at chatuchak and mango sticky rice at terminal21 where we stayed ($2.80 for a big plate), marvellously great deals all day

speaking of chatuchak market, i planned to meet magnum before we left but it was heart wrenching bc we waited at different stations and he waited for two hours which speaks volumes of his kindness and he even contacted brenda to try to contact me but on my side i didn't have wifi (the worst ever way to travel handsdown). would have loved to meet him + my family was so sad it was amusing.


frozen was so good i caught it again w jo and shaun (jo proceeded to watch it like a second time in a day w alvs aww). haven't been able to revel in the shared memories of pink family between the years of 2007 to 2010 bc 
  1. overprotective mother 
  2. oppressing curfew (to be back before sunset)
  3. they always seem to hang out at night idek....
but anyway bren jo and ariel are my friends-i-go-to-most-frequently and i'm really grateful for them being in my life and accepting all the shitty vibes i throw at them, my poopy insecurities and their willingness to fight them w me by not making me think about it bc they're positive people.
^ the stark contrast of that brief paragraph and the actual reality of my adolescent years and the heavy-overthinking which i do bc i was very reactive to what other peoples' thoughts are; are as extreme as black and white rly.

i love the later part of 2013 bc i get to be close to family, be close to friends worth treasuring for a century. would not like 2014 to arrive at my doorstep now 



No comments:

Post a Comment