Tuesday, January 13, 2015

yoga time is always good time

i was such a yoga hater becoz my mom did it so the effort i took to avoid yoga was a huge one. only in y1s2 did i learn to love doing yoga. i promised myself to have 20 mins of it every day and if i was stressed, i'd have it for an hour. in the next few weeks, i found that i could stretch and hold better in the different poses. my downward dog splits managed to get higher with greater ease. and in the class; a crow pose for the longest duration for me (!!!! 5 secs)
i thought yoga was really just holding the pose and keeping up with the instructor but it definitely is more than that because its a personal development journey of understanding yourself and your limits and not caring about the progress of others but basically focusing on yourself. its about easing into the pose and stabilizing your body and forgetting about the past slips and unbalanced moments so that your mind is fully focused on that present moment alone ˊ_>ˋ really good stuff tbh, i really got to understand my body better, improve my flexi and be more mindful of the present moment (^ω^)




No comments:

Post a Comment