Thursday, September 29, 2011

nine- eleven and me.

read time magazine in the middle of the night, trying my best to burn my papers with the midnight oil. angsty, gritty, irritable--- anyway, the 9/11 issue was really something.
lyzbeth glick best's interview; please read it. it's the most relate-able and hence saddest story ever. it just tore out part of my heart. the people of 9/11, there were like normal people, like us just american. living real lives. having real families and the events that happened on that day. it really took a lot out of them.
and previously, i secretly felt that the americans shouldn't really dig up the past ever so often. it's unfair that the middle-easterns would naturally have a bad image, stereotypes exist in this world.
nonetheless, wow, i don't understand times articles like more than half the time, but this one really gave me a new vantage point on things.

anyway, happy sept 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment