Tuesday, May 21, 2013

forever young

still trapped in the world of mr. wind-up bird in tokyo *scuse me*
i find that despite may kasahara's morbid attraction towards death and all its forms, i can relate to her so much: how she thinks - or over thinks. how she is aware of being too normal, not knowing what she'll be doing in three years time even though those around her seem to have it planned. just maybe how her mind works in ways that even she doesn't comprehend, much less others. how sitting at her yard doing the simplest things can give her great satisfaction. idrk what gives me great satisfaction though.

today my student threw up w/o any teacher knowing, (i was only alerted when his friends told me about it) & he actually managed to climb four flights of stairs.... with barf stains and mucus dripping from his nose. and he only softly mentioned to me that he 'needed tissue', as if it was a daily occurrence. sometimes u just get the feeling that u have to fend for them, because they cannot do so for themselves. they abide strictly by what happens daily: studying from 8am to 1pm, then home, that when sickness comes round, they're at a lost of what to do, so they place following rules over taking care of themselves. turns out he was running a high fever and needed to go home. in the meantime, i looked at him and he was copying down contents from the whiteboard like usual but seemed much weaker. can't even recall from the depths of my memory my determination to follow any teachers' instruction when i'm down w any illness, much less a high fever. these kids amaze me sometimes.

p.s: bringing the glamour of this post down a notch by saying that my ass hurts soooooo bad after riding my bike ok. fion says i should put some cushions on my seat but is there such a thing as bike cushions??
p.s.s: i like riding my bike around bedok town and soaking in the heartland atmosphere and literally weaving around like thin threads around the open area, being super cautious on not intruding into any one's walking space

No comments:

Post a Comment