Wednesday, May 8, 2013

If you cannot be happy for yourself then others cannot be happy for you.
This is an often overlooked statement. I think the gist of it is that you control feelings of what you think of yourself. And what you think that others think of you is a reflection of what you think of yourself. The mind is so powerful and how true that if you're happy, the universe will conspire to bring you continual happiness. If you're sad and insecure, then everyone will just seem to go against you.
Been reading self-help books like Food: The Good Girls' Drug and the Craving Cure. All the fruits if a good library search.
If what one needs is to be accepted in life and love, then self acceptance has to be the first step in accomplishing that.
Just food for thought.

On a happy note - 2 lessons of yoga today after work. Feeling quite proud of this newfangled idea of my doing yoga. I always thought it'll be nothing much since half of the time it's breathing and dozing off on the sweaty mat. However it helps in curing (or curbing) the intense bingeing desires!!! Hopefully it works on me cuz my brain usually outwits my actions if that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment