Monday, July 8, 2013

Pre camp jitters

Going to Pulau Ubin on Wednesday and as usual, having the bitter feeling of dread. It has always been that anti-social feeling like I don't know anyone (and I guess I rarely don't) which is a total mood-downer. In reality, today was kinda great bc I finally got to catch up with Claire Lew and a new friend who sat beside me, Evelyn who is going to do dietetics in Adelaide. <sounds so fancy>
Age seems like it's catching up with me. All the people in the auditorium are supposedly nineteen. They all look so mature as if they already belong to the corporate world. And there exists a world where guys throw rubbish and take cutlery for you.
In essence, it's a whole new different environment but it is one that I'll have to get used to!!!
Camps are always terrible in the beginning but as it progresses, only the good memories of it are etched in memory. Like COALs and OAC back in Cedar. Right now I only remember campfire night and warm friendships.
I hope this will be the same too. Discovering oneself away from the buzz of civilian life. 

Ps
Monsters University with mummy, Ericca Luke and Iain last night. It was perfect. This is going to be a recurrent thing now. ☺☺☺
Love how excited the kids were and how cute they looked with their puffy jackets holding the popcorn with their small hands and sipping their drinks. 
I wish kids never grow old!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment