Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"Museum Day"

I think what the hunger games trilogy confers is a story of hope, that people power will eventually override the over-stifling clutches of some governments. It kind of strikes a chord in my heart.
But who would be so brave as to take on the role of Katniss- promises of not becoming one of the pieces that the government the government which manipulates them and turns them against one another. And that sacrifice that she is willing to take on her loved ones albeit involuntarily could we ever handle that
Just a thought. Although I'm content with life right now as it is.
Having a hangover because this is the first night I'm not reading THG trilogy on my bed. I love this bed though, it's so soft you literally sink into the pillows

Today I realised the subway is the bane of my trip here. Ok it's iconic but to be honest it's grungy and smells like disinfectant used in toilets black unknown fluffy fungus hangs down the low ceilings and sometimes the floor is wet for reasons unknown, the worst part is that they are no escalators and my feet just kills me. Ok cut the self-absorbed bit.
And can't help but imagine some monster emerging from the dark shadows of the tunnel like an alligator or a swarm of cockroaches. The part in Mockingjay when the star squad used the underground network to get closer to Snow's mansion where they were met with human-lizard mutt hybrids also scare me.
Visited the Empire State Building today. Love the piercing wind against my cheeks. I mean no kidding. The city line is phenomenal, kind of like CSI:NY except that all of it is real

• Get good food then head back home

P.s: is it normal to determine your self worth based on idk, everything but yourself?? Answers needed

No comments:

Post a Comment