Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sadly I love it here

Although it was rainy and such today. Went to souvenir shops and was at St. Pat's Cathedral. I figured I might as well listen a little bit more intently to father's homily because every thing was right, like ambience-wise, hehe good for listening. It was a bit painful though, about the shootings rocking this nation yet I feel quite distanced from it; the lack of newspapers I guess
Times Sq was a rainy but beautiful affair. It wasn't as spectacular as I'd imagined- it would be if contrasted against the black night sky. But the billboards were already flashing neon lights and vying for consumers' eyes, even in the morning. And I felt I was alw gna be attacked by Godzilla or towers crashing down on to the city streets and the Avengers swooping down to the rescue. Then at F21 at Times Sq, a giant screen like a real life video feed where they have speech bubbles for the group of passers-by walking by. Cos Ericca's jacket was luminous pink, the big screen had a giant snapshot of us albeit blurry. It was cute ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment