Tuesday, December 30, 2014

1. i know little battles are won when my dad says: •he wants to try vegan food for lunch today •the only meat he had was fish porridge •roasted chickpeas taste nice and that i should make more
this is coming from typical dad aka meat-lover/《get your protein from meat》 human. my dad is secretly my only target for change because I inadvertently feel worried for his diet. knowing what meat can do to us scares me to death and there is a lot of swirling negative emotions based on this but ill be out of this!! because sometimes it is to be recognized that anger stems only from love and why not just remove this angry layer and do the things that you do just based simply on love? most often i place really high expectations on my family and i have felt a lot of anger from this because family is the golden jewel that should be heavily guarded and them not doing things my way gets me angry a lot. i didnt know how to control this, but 2014 has taught me to be a less angry, more sympathetic person. i was just a really angry person with intentions that were innately good. just that the good in these intentions were lost in that outer layer of negativity. 
this is a first time acknowledging this and σ^_^; acknowledgement in itself makes me see things better. 

2. yesterday i got to see the girls that have seen me at my ~worst~. my jc friends and my pathlight friends. never really did realize the comfort that surrounds me during my days in tjc until now. the feeling is really good though, i feel at peace with my past self so i can better my present self

3. last year, i did yoga with jasmine and i wasnt in a very good mindset/shape. i did yoga based very much on the instructions given and not in the rhythm of my motions. it makes a difference for me because i often felt distressed and alarmed that i cant follow with the right timing of the instructor. calmly doing yoga according to my actions though, made it more enjoyable because i can appreciate the stretches. i also managed to do the longest crow pose in my life at the yoga session this year. the crow pose was something that daunted me ever since tennis training at tj. i was trying my very hardest to perfect it in syds. i was getting there, but not quite yet. it is in the tiniest achievements that i feel most grateful for.




No comments:

Post a Comment