Sunday, December 28, 2014

here's a few moments captured during the days that passed; 

the minimalist baker ( minimalistbaker.com ) has CRAZY good delicious bakes and i just want to bake them all during this summer, maybe stick them on the fridge and throw it around to people..... ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
things like one-bowl cookies or <10 ingredient mains just appeal to me because i know it's quick and the less there is in your food, th better it is because less nasties!!
it's comforting to be around with them cuz.... our first vegan baking experience was last year and it was an absolute success!!! sorta. we had a choc avocado ganache tart and i videoed the epic moment when we were cutting a slice out but the almond base would just crumble. twas my special first non-bake baking session (⌒▽⌒)!! im also looking forward to learning about food from evelyn cuz dietetics woohoo!! *\(^o^)/*

sg skyline is pERF specially when the view is shared with gud fran

//

i'm just feeling the great significance of this eventless sunday. ive been wanting to show my family why i've been so pro-plant based and everything, and today was the day i mustered up my courage and told them "let's watch a document" and at first they weren't present in the moment until i sorta persisted and told them it was life-changing and my dad rly helped by setting up the television and made sure the sound worked... but anyway yes!! the documentary is Forks Over Knives and i know by saying that it changed my life, would mean that people would be skeptical about it. i was pleasantly surprised when my dad actually seemed keen to go on a plant-based journey. prior to this, i felt that it would mean more than anything for me if he experienced how amazing it is. it felt like i had wanted it more than he did. after the show, we seemed like we were on equal footing on this. i felt quite emotional when i saw this father who had 26 clinical problems including diabetes and hbp and lethargy at the start of the show, just being transformed to this guy who had a lot more vitality and he had fkng abs and he does weights now and he runs and looks amazing you can really see this difference. he had a belly. he could only slept 4 hours daily. he had a plethora of medication pills all over his bathroom table. all he did was go plant-based. the solution was so glaringly simple, it's criminal
imagining that this could happen to my dad and ofc to all my family members would be... my dream. hahahahahaha i dont even comprehend how my dreams would involve other people but the world works like that and his strength that he regained from stopping the pills made me cry a bit buuuuuuut that's just really cuz i feel that he reminded me of my dad a bit. my dad being diagnosed with arthritis recently made me feel that it's time to do something for my family that i've so long neglected— to do something that would help him recover, and this is fucking it i need to get my shit together and do it like i mean it. i have to be empowered so i can empower my family and in doing so would make me feel more passionate about it. right now, i rly feel that the world is in need of serious plant-based inspiration because did you know cancer can be reversed if you only eat veggies and fruit and legumes and no meat??? honestly, acknowledging this got a lot out of me. having to change what you have believed all your life is honestly not an easy thing. having to change your diet is even worse. there will be downfalls, they are there for a reason. i believe that i have let myself down enough times by emotional eating and at times, being weak and non-expressive until my opinion doesnt get acknowledged by my own self because im busy acknowledging anothers'. it's about time i stand strong for what i love and believe in and love this journey and understand myself better each and every day and in doing so, inspiring others to find what's good for them.

hi lovely close friends, thank you for reading my posts all this while, you are so special to me (╥﹏╥)

google Forks Over Knives documentary addict and the first link they give is the streaming link heh. go watch it with your family you will honestly be a vegan i swear. this was the documentary that probably sealed the deal for me, i was just too afraid of imposing my views becoz i didnt want to be superior and shit but it's got to happen because what's in the documentary are facts that deserve to be known by more people of the earth ( ;  ; )





















No comments:

Post a Comment