Saturday, January 12, 2013

Onward.

Happy that Aaron has managed to do so much better than me. Admittedly, my mom and I had doubts of his academic ability from the start, thinking he can only qualify for the not Top 5s 'cos he didn't take HMT but he did, in his own way. All roads lead to Rome and I'm so glad he still has many many options. Plus he debuted as a jumper on the SJI website. Sister is also receiving the character award tomorrow. In a family of achievers, I really am driven to make mummy and daddy proud. No more getting bogged down by insecurities, no more faltering faith. I must try my best no matter how shiz the As results turn out. I sorely regret how not studying for Os and (probably) the As turned out for me.
In the Asian family, academics certainly do reign (haha).

Had a celebratory dinner yesterday and I like family meals I think.

Here's to a good 2013 for everyone.
If something good works out at the job, I'll be sure to post. As for now, I really feel like a trapped mouse, but the trackies have really made the hours there much bearable, trying to cheer me up before lunch by seeing me at my worst and telling me cute incidences about their day. And for all those I confided into about my not- so- pleasant experiences. Big grateful thanks to you guys. Unexpectedly, more conversations have been generated between parents and I too as they share their share (heh pun +1) of office politics with this noob child, so thank goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment