Monday, September 2, 2013

A solitary day

Gretchen Rubin's occurring phrase in her book is "Be Gretchen". Likewise, I was a Rebecca today and listened to my inner self. I enjoyed what I did, even if it was solitary and I didn't like to be alone before but the calmest moments come from an empty house and the occasional belting of tunes.

Wrote a few and sketched a few
Doing things for other people is pretty cathartic but all this while I've been procrastinating so hard ok now I will do some blogilates hahahahahahahah my life I am silently weeping (;- ;)

And found this:::;::::

for the rest of my day,

ran some errands in the form of bank visitations *sudden disinterest*
had to call dad b/c i had no idea what to do in the bank. and there was a stern-faced security guard police man standing there and eye-examining everybody. i was afraid that he would think that i'm making an extremely suspicious call
anw, the ladies at the counter are in their 50s and friendly. my server was pulling out her scissors and excitedly showing her colleague that her colour of her stapler and scissors match
she was so happy about it while i pretended not to hear this conversation from a fifty y/o lady
i decided i liked the smell of banks b/c they smell somewhat formalish.

then i began my first foray into the world of cafe food. 15gran!!!!!! i didn't know it was at siglap centre so i got extremely excited when i saw the groupon deal for it earlier in the day. in retrospect, i kind of regret getting the 15$ for 30$ worth of food deal:

  • there is barely any food when i came into the cafe. *benefit of doubt, it was three hrs bfr closing time*
  • the stuff there are pretty buttery and diabetic- i mean, iced cheese tart, chocolate tart, green tea pound cake, nutella crumble, some cake with sprinkles n blindingly blue icing smothered all over, chocolate cupcake.............
  • how to spend thirty dollars worth of confectionery oh sheets. i think i will save it for a spesh occasion.
i bought the healthiest sounding thing- the green t pound cake, which tasted mildly sweet and had the green tea aftertaste. gratifying.

managed to run the usual bedok route despite my appendicitis-ish pain on my right side (ok srsly praying it's nothing but........ &%$#), knee pains that seem kinda irreparable (fml), volcanic blisters on my right foot (ha ha exaggeration)
but i'm worried about the formerly mentioned pain on my right abdomen. how hweemin described her sisters' appendix removal seems horrifying and that deterred her from ever running after meal times, but i still do after a (((safe))) buffer of an hour.

on the bright side,
  • shin splints does not plague me anymore (thank you lord)
  • i managed to get my butt of the floor at 8.38pm when i was sleeping bfr that. / something i never would have done even a month ago. #achievements5ever
i think running = my ultimate weight-lost resolution sport of the century, really glad there r different routes to run at

lots of events to look forward to this week
  1. meeting some pink family people tmr,
  2. 16/11 on saturday for lunchies (hahaha hate myself for calling it that but wdv)
  3. aussie - which still seems kinda impulsive n i have no itinerary for jo-ann ahhooaaaooomygoose
planning events to fill up my calendar hehe. i could actually live this life forever and not get tired of it/ who needs uni/ i wake up to happy breakfast oats erryday ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment