Thursday, October 10, 2013

the beach is a 5c4ry kind of g00d.


 
hello,
missed this space a lot, haven't been round here much, but
i think life so far has been swell. keeping positive really works wonders.

it gets productive; i get to do blogilates and not give second thoughts about it like i usually would- those second thoughts would often leave me hesitant and make me eat
i woke up at 6 am on two days in the same week so that i can catch the beach sun.
 
my past habits / thinking both r true juxtapositions to what i am right now. i'm amazed and grateful at the progress i've made. i've termed this whole 'gap year' thing a time for major self-discovery and for finding happiness a la gretchen rubin's the happiness project. initially my gap year plan was going to be based ambitiously on the cafes i'm going to visit, the countries that i would fly over to.
but i think the most impt thing is to work on where i am right now; at home, eating healthy, loving fruits and veggies
carrots
celery
tomatoes
developing a taste towards the above plants i once detested very much n swore i would never like them. i eat them on a daily-weekly basis and will continue choosing them > processed foods!!!
 
*small font* i still have this mad desire to try all the marvellous cafes that serve scrumptious food my friends post on instagram though...... the battle between team café food and team home-cooked food is a perpetually ferocious one i even think about this at night. (spr mkt, rokeby's, arbite, maple and market, flock café, d'good, hoschino +++)
 
being discouraged about where i am in my fitness progress is easy. my arms are still flabby n my tumz is still jutty from the overeating which happened earlier this year
then comes the positive side that i am entitled to be on. like
how i don't eat at night anymore after dinner because loving your body means caring for it w the good stuff
how i manage to get myself out of the house and manage jogs- going further than ten k recently when i could only manage 2-4 km just a few months ago. and jogs make me feel in control of how i spend each day.
how i personally feel my thighs being more toned and my butt and my arms (blogilates really does help tone up your body it's amazing it works miracles it's intense even though it doesn't seem so)
> p o s i t i v e . <
 
my mom has also been motherly and accommodating to my needs
she recently started waking up fifteen minutes earlier to juice wheatgrass for me to drink and apparently the juicer is really hard to work bc the juice has to be wrung out of the wgrass.
buys pesto sauce whenever the vendors go to her school
buys salmon (why salmon? bc salmon the answer to anything will always be salmon this i can assure you. what did i have for lunch today? ya the answer is salmon mon mon mon)
 
wonderful things happen in my house and i've never really started appreciating much until this moment!

and to add on to the title- the beach is scary (keyword) but it's good
i ran past big splash and alongside the highway leading up to the city and idk the amt of people jogging will taper off and the trees are more willowy, taller and fairy tale-like. nothing like singapore of my memories
hence all this unfamiliarity makes me reluctant to want to go there but..... no i will head there so often until it becomes familiar and i manage to complete twenty-one kilometres knowing i conquered my laziness and procrastination and unexplained fear.

i'm not gonna think anymore tmrw will be another good run day!!
and no longer am i going to let my thinking be extremely sensitive to other people's perspective. going to hold my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment