Sunday, March 6, 2011

OAC 2010

Today's the first of OAC back in Cedar. I can still remember what was ours like it was yesterday.
I miss OAC so much, I miss so much of everything.

Kimbo and Min crashing my house together with the Instructors, printing our proposals and sleeping in the cold.
Belaying, being strict, having fun together.
3I with Nat, Samenter and the Instructors. Oh gosh I miss Sam and her lucky cat pose and Nat and her perpetual blondeness.
I miss crying during the last of it all, I miss crying cos of all that we've been through.

And ours was the batch with the moving from the old school to the new one. Store checks and seven pm days aplenty.
I miss my monkeyoats and promised QM dates. I miss campcraft with ZH and HS and building tents and having refreshers. It's not so fun, but I still kinda miss the whole thing. Us as a board. We were good.

Post-storecheck was fun. Damn I'm going to miss storecheck so badly. N,S, I'll never forget that one and a half hours we stood outside the photo shop just so my photos can be loaded. Love you guys.

I wanna dance in the rain, and have long talks with Blubber again where we'll stone and talk with meaning, it'll be wonderful. And more dancing in the rain. And taking pics.

Sunday, March 14, 2010
OAC doesn't seem like it has even started yet. The ORR sleepover's as if it has not yet come. Last week, I was rushing, I was scared of the massive overload of information from the proposals, and now they are just nothing. Just meaningless files of documents that read OAC 2010 at the top.
So much things I've done that made me regret, and much love and reassurance that it's okay. I'll miss my Leaders 2010. Because we did it together and we made an impact on others. There's nothing much I could say. Only to awe at the amount of obstacles we've overcome. It really has been so tiring, the journey.
There's still so much they can learn and have to learn but I'm afraid to let them go.
Though you're sweet beyond expectations.

It still doesn't feel like the end. OAC has not started.
I want to belay until my hands burn with the friction of the rope.
I want to learn to light a solid fuel of a tommy cooker and cut the pineapple.
I want to sing campfire songs to my hearts' content and dance around the campfire with tears in my eyes.
I want to teach campers how to tie the bowline and watch forfeits.
I want to eat happy biscuits and bread with strawberry jam for breakfast, and fruit cordial.

Where are you now, Leaders of 2010? I miss you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment