Tuesday, October 21, 2014

1. my aunt saw my instagram and on an unrelated (or related) note, she sent me a picture of banana bread my cousins and her baked!!!! 
which reminds me- cannot wait for dec and post exams. cafe hopping, going vegan, sydney living with family. my dad cannot wait to try kale chips and i cant wait to see his reaction!!

2. with thanks to stacy, i managed to fit in a run today. "think about it, 5 days from now you wont be feeling the same way you do now." IDK BUT THAT JUST RESONATED IN ME. it was a timely boost of encouragement. and according to her dad, he hates running but feels it's necessary. im trying to psycho myself into loving running.... i guess i do see the beauty of it. i know the main barrier is still the fear of time. nonetheless i'm thankful for my progress so far, it has been well. i know i cannot force myself to run if the purpose of it is torture/punishment for whatever wrong things i eat, or the need to get skinny. i will build my wall as my defence to these things. no wait i think i will boldly confront them. it is only when you confront things head on that the fears fear you. so ive got a stuttering assignment to properly vet and neaten up. i know this is important to me so i cannot let my side thoughts run. i have to do it asap!!! (^∇^)

3. it's interesting because today i had a teratology lecture- birth defects caused by taking drugs. i found myself unable to concentrate on the content because i felt (very) riled up about the hurt that pharma drugs do to people. drugs obliterate the one symptom you are suffering, and ironically take away the rest of the health that you have. i watched "forks over knives" and patients that were thought to be uncurable, who went through 5 coronary bypasses saw their tumours stop growing. one patient was even told that since nothing could be done, she should just wait for death. but the power of sticking to a plant-based diet- that renewed her, and all of the other patients. the walls of the arteries had healed. contrast this to first the cruelty caused to animals to create evidence for drug production, and then people's trust that drugs will help them because they trust science too...
idk. i think some good came out on this lecture. the knowledge of birth defects caused by drugs reinforced the fact that 


No comments:

Post a Comment